Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Catalog Backup

2004-04-06 01:27:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Catalog Backup
From: WTSmith AT Maine DOT edu (Wayne Smith)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:27:54 -0400
Jérôme Meyer wrote, in part:

>Catalog backup
>============
>1) until now, I'm using the configuration from NetBackup Management ->
>Catalog.
>Attribute: possibilities to configure two Media (Media 1 and Media 2).
>Schedule :  After each session of scheduled backups.
>
>2) Now, I wish to plan a schedule for catalog backup using the Vault
>option.
>Attribute: possibilities to configure Volume pool, Retention period,
>files to be backuped up, nothing else!!
>
>Questions
>========
>Below you'll see some questions that I don't have find any answers in
>the Administrator's Guide:
>- If I use the Vault Catalog Backup should I disable the default
>Catalog Backup?

IMHO, no.  The Vault catalog backups are written after vault sessions so
that you'll have a catalog offsite that includes all backups on vaulted
tapes.  The after backup session catalog backups will be onsite and most
up to date, should the catalog get corrupted/destroyed and onsite tapes
remain good.

>- Is there an unspecified relation between Vault Catalog Backup and
>default Catalog Backup?

No.

>- How to have the same attribute - concerning the two media - in the
>Vault Catalog Backup?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

cheers, wayne