Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Catalog Backup

2004-04-05 06:17:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Catalog Backup
From: jerome.meyer AT pax DOT ch (Jérôme Meyer)
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 12:17:47 +0200
G'morning

Catalog backup
============
1) until now, I'm using the configuration from NetBackup Management ->
Catalog.
Attribute: possibilities to configure two Media (Media 1 and Media 2).
Schedule :  After each session of scheduled backups.

2) Now, I wish to plan a schedule for catalog backup using the Vault
option.
Attribute: possibilities to configure Volume pool, Retention period,
files to be backuped up, nothing else!!

Questions
========
Below you'll see some questions that I don't have find any answers in
the Administrator's Guide:
- If I use the Vault Catalog Backup should I disable the default
Catalog Backup?
- Is there an unspecified relation between Vault Catalog Backup and
default Catalog Backup?
- How to have the same attribute - concerning the two media - in the
Vault Catalog Backup?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,
j.m.m