Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Media Server

2004-03-31 14:06:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 Media Server
From: kdeems AT parker DOT com (kdeems AT parker DOT com)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:06:23 -0500

Hello,

Our environment consists of an AIX master server running NB 4.5 FP5, 6
Windows 2000 media servers and a hundred and fifty various clients.

We are having all kinds of problems with Windows 2003/Media Server using
SSO.  I even purchased the Qlogic card recommended by Veritas, loaded the
appropriate drivers, but backups and duplicates always fail with "resource
is busy" errors.  It appears that Windows 2003 randomly grabs the 9840 tape
drives which are attached to a SAN along with all of the media severs and
master server. This interrupts the backup or dupe with the resource busy
error which then causes the backup to fail.  I've had an open cases with
Veritas, Microsoft and Qlogic for 6 months.

Even if all of the drives are deleted from Veritas on the 2003 media server
it still causes the same error, which leads me to believe this is more of a
Windows 2003 issue.

Does anybody have a 2003 media server using SSO running with no issues?

Thanks
Keith

"PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It
only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with
Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replying to this message and then delete the information from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation."