Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network Settings

2004-03-31 10:15:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network Settings
From: dcarlisle AT paychex DOT com (D Renee Carlisle)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:15:20 -0500

--------------25136975F6298713CFAD1DDD

We are currently in the process of setting up a dedicated gigabit
Ethernet for our NetBackup environment.  We have been having trouble
with communication and seem to have it narrowed down to setting
configuration.  I am looking for some help on what is the recommended
settings for the configurable parameters on our switches and nic cards.
The following is the hardware that we have in our private network and
the configurable parameters that we are trying to set:

Switch: Nortel 5510 10/100/100

Switch Configurable Parameters:

SPEED (10/100/100)
DUPLEX (HALF/FULL)
FLOW CONTROL (NONE/ASYMETRIC/SYMETRIC)

Windows 2000 Dell servers Gig-E cards: Broadcom gigabit 57xx series

Broadcom configurable Parameters:

Checksum Offload = none, Rx TCP/IP, Tx TCP/IP, Tx/Rx TCP/IP
Ethernet@WireSpeed =enable, disable
Flow Control =auto, disable, Rx Pause, Rx/Tx Pause, Tx Pause
    Additional questions with Flow Control:
          off or disabled
          TX on, RX off (is this Asymmetric?)
          TX off, RX on (is this Asymmetric too?)
          RX on, TX on (symmetric?)
Jumbo MTU =1500-9000
Speed & Duplex =auto,10/100 half/full duplex
Wake Up Capabilities =Both, Magic packet, None, Wake Up Frame
WOL Speed =Auto, 10mb, 100mb

Unix Systems:
HP-UX system Gig-E cards:HP C13COM
Sun Solaris Gig-E cards: Sun X1150A
IBM AIX Gig-E cards: IBM -14100401

Unix configurable parameters:

Autonegotiate: ON/OFF
Transmit and Receive Flow Control Status: Enabled/Disabled
Media Speed:
10/100/1000
FULL DUPLEX/HALF DUPLEX

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential, and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or any employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.

--------------25136975F6298713CFAD1DDD

begin:vcard
n:;
tel;work:585-216-0497
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Paychex, Inc.
version:2.1
email;internet:dcarlisle AT paychex DOT com
title:Systems Administraton
fn:Renee Carlisle
end:vcard

--------------25136975F6298713CFAD1DDD--