Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog recovery to a different Master ?

2004-03-31 07:51:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog recovery to a different Master ?
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 07:51:22 -0500
        Probably not.  To be able to use the catalog from "Master A" you will
need to at least fool the host that is "Master B" into thinking it has the same
name as "Master A".  You will still not be able to run the restores from the
imposter master because clients will do a reverse lookup on the IP and it will
not match the name of "Master A".

paulg

On Mar 31,  7:58am, Arun K Sadaram wrote:
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog recovery to a different Master ?
>
> Hi,
>

> A quick question: I have a Solaris Master NetBackup DC4.5 being cataloged
daily. We want to verify the catalog recovery and run few test restores using a
different (secondary) NetBackup Master server @ some frequency. Please let me
know whether or not i can recover the NetBackup catalog from one Master server
to a different Master server (with a different name and I.P.address) and run
the restoration to the same NB clients that are backedup using primary Master?