Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Triggering RMAN backup via the NB scheduler

2004-03-26 04:36:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Triggering RMAN backup via the NB scheduler
From: Ed.Toner AT eu.nabgroup DOT com (Ed.Toner AT eu.nabgroup DOT com)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:36:34 +0000
If you set the policy type to Oracle then the file in the file list is a
script that netbackup runs as root. You'll need an Oracle agent license to
have this option available.

The script will run as root so you normally su to oracle to run the rman
bits. Your policy also needs an "Application backup" schedule if you are
linking rman into netbackup as netbackup see's the rman backup stream as a
user/application initiated backup. There's demo scripts come with the
oracle agent.

Cheers
Ed

"Biller, Tim" <Tim.Biller AT uk.experian DOT com>@mailman.eng.auburn.edu on
26/03/2004 08:51:20

Sent by:    veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu