Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog sizes

2004-03-25 14:56:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog sizes
From: matt.beal AT lightsurf DOT com (Matt Beal)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:56:28 -0800
Someone else asked me about this - I wasn't using the "official" term.
Veritas refers to this as "Multiple-Tape Catalog Backups" and it's
described in the System Administrator's Guide (page 181, specifically,
in the 4.5 FP3 SA guide).

I had a problem backing up catalogs that Veritas never could figure out.
It wouldn't write to tape or disk any faster than about 3 MB/s. Now that
I use this method, my catalog backups run at about 65 MB/s.

matt