Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] One-off backups

2004-03-24 17:44:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] One-off backups
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:44:50 -0600
We're starting to get requests to create one-off backups to a tape that
we can eject from our library and hand to a customer.  What's the
recommended way of doing this?  We're running Solaris 9, NBU 4.5FP6, and
and have the Vault option.  Once we've handed the tape to a customer, we
don't need (or want) the catalog information for this, nor do we want
the tape in any pool.  Basically we want to write the tape and then
forget we ever saw it.  If it makes a difference, we would be writing
to an SDLT tape drive in an L700 library.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org