Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Extremely slow thruput from my Netware 5.1 SP6 Clients

2004-03-24 12:45:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Extremely slow thruput from my Netware 5.1 SP6 Clients
From: boatm005 AT groupwise.umn DOT edu (Paul Boatman)
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:45:24 -0600
All,

We are running NBU Datacenter 4.5_FP6 on a Solaris 8 master DLT7000
drives. All NIC's are mandatory AUTO - AUTO campus wide.

Historically, we are seeing less than 100kbps thruput from at least 2
of the Netware servers we backup. They claim no NIC problems and no
other network speed problems, which led me to concentrate on the
netbackup config.

Buffer size = 64 on the netware server

NET_BUFFER_SZ = 65536 on master / media servers

>From the technotes I read, this should be ok..  and having OTM enabled
shouldn't slow things down THIS much right ?

Any ideas would be appreciated, we are probably going to open a case
with Veritas soon as well.  Even if we could increase this to 400kbps or
500kbps that would be fantastic at this point.

Thanks,

Paul

This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for viruses.
EAS - Systems Support, OIT, University of Minnesota