Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reset shcedules

2004-03-23 11:25:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reset shcedules
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:25:45 -0600
On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 02:25:10PM -0000, Dave Markham wrote:
> Does anyone know how to rezero my backup schedules so all clients
> start from the same point and weeklys/monthlys are back in sync? I
> have Netbackup 4.5MP6 on Solaris 8.

> I heard somewhere to remove a STREAMS file but this does not exist.

We're running NBU 4.6 FP6 on Solaris 9.  The STREAMS file is in
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<hostname>/STREAMS.  You can either
delete the file, or for specific schedules, edit the file and change the
timestamp it was last run to 0.  That will force it to run again.

> Also, if I switched from frequency based to calendar based scheduling
> would it start from scratch again and do the monthly backup before the
> weekly?

Yes.  As soon as you create a new schedule, a new line is added to the
STREAMS file with the 0 timestamp.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org