Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpflist returning "no entity found"

2004-03-22 21:35:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpflist returning "no entity found"
From: Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org (Vincent_Mase AT harvardpilgrim DOT org)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:35:53 -0500
Trying to get  bpflist to return a list files contained in an image.
According to Veritas:

If you run bpflist with only the option -backupid <backup-id>  without
specifying -d mm/dd/yyyy -e
mm/dd/yyyy option then bpflist will default the search period back to 24 hours
and if the <backup-id> is older than 24 hours, it will return  "no entity was
found" else it will
list the backup-id and file-list.

I ran bpflist, from the master server,  against an image I knew to be less than
24 hours old and
could not get it to generate anything but the error message.

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>bpflist -backupid servername_1079910575
no entity was found

I then checked the ctime for the image

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>bpdbm -ctime 1079910575
1079910575 = Sun Mar 21 18:09:35 2004

I then checked the current date and time on the server:

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>time
The current time is: 12:13:07.88

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>date
The current date is: Mon 03/22/2004

The image is about 18 hours old.

I also ran the command and specified a date range using the -d and -e commands:

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>bpflist -backupid servername_1079910575 -d 03/21/2004
15:30:00 -e
03/22/2004 12:00:00
no entity was found

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>bpflist -backupid servername_1079910575 -d 03/21/2004
-e 03/22/2004
no entity was found

I also ran a report on the specific ctime of the backup.

D:\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin>bpflist -backupid servername_1079910575 -d 03/21/2004
18:09:35
no entity was found

Any suggestions appreciated

Vincent Mase
Perot Systems

The information contained in this email message and any attachments
may be privileged and/or confidential.  It is for intended
addressee(s) only.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, disclosure, reproduction, distribution
or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply and
delete the message without saving, copying or disclosing it.  Thank you.