Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Local Client Pre/Post Command Execution

2004-03-22 12:32:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Local Client Pre/Post Command Execution
From: prattc AT naradnetworks DOT com (Chris Pratt)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:32:53 -0500
I have a NT2000 client on which I need to run a batch file to shut down some
running processes before my nightly backup begins.  I have a similar batch
that will restart these processes once the backup is complete.  My server is
Data Center 3.4 on Solaris 7.  I have looked at the client options on the
2000 box, but I do not see any options under configure to specify what needs
to execute before and after backups.  Can this be done from the client?  I
would prefer not to have to mess around in my class setup.  Right now I have
a vanilla windows class and all MS machines just back up all local drives.
I have successfully used the exclude setting in the clients to then tune
what gets backed up.  I want to do the same with pre/post command execution.
Thanks for the help.

Chris