Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] want to label tapes on L8 autoloader w/o barcodes

2004-03-18 15:30:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] want to label tapes on L8 autoloader w/o barcodes
From: sandrock AT urbana.css.mot DOT com (Mark Sandrock)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:30:49 -0600
We just purchased a Sun L8 autoloader, the LTO-2 version,
without a barcode reader, and I am trying to learn enough
about NB DC 4.5 FP6 to replace our old 'ufsdump' scripts.

My first challenge is figuring out how to relabel tapes
from the default A00000 style names to match the names
we put on the tape labels externally.

I tried the 'bplabel' command and got the same error that
others get "Cannot assign a robotically controlled device".

After searching the archives, I cannot see a reasonable
explanation for how to accomplish this simple task.

The NB docs are voluminous, but so far I don't find them
very helpful as far as providing examples of common tasks.

Regards,
Mark
--
Urbana-Champaign Design Center