Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large volume backup takes forever to start

2004-03-18 12:13:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large volume backup takes forever to start
From: gary.andresen AT pnwdata DOT com (Gary Andresen)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:13:17 -0800
There was a patch 4.5Mp2 that fixed some performance issues with lots of
little files (performance and lots of small files is still problematic with
NBU however). But having a tape just waiting for data is another issue. This
problem happens just for a standard full backup with nothing else going on?

Gary Andresen
Impossible Happens, Plan Ahead
Pacific Northwest Data Inc.
Tel: 503.701.5185