Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Importing a v4.5 backup image onto a v3.4.1 system

2004-03-18 10:50:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Importing a v4.5 backup image onto a v3.4.1 system
From: steven.jenner AT psineteurope DOT com (Steven Jenner)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:50:55 -0000
Hi, I have a customer who had backed up a server using Netbackup v4.5 MP5 at
an offsite location and he wants me to import the image on the tape onto our
backup system which is running Netbackup v3.4.1 so we can transfer the data
across to their other server on our network.

I don't believe that it is possible to import an image that was taken on a
NBU 4.5 system onto a system running NBU v3.4.1, can anyone out there either
confirm or deny this?

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve.