Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media fails to deassign

2004-03-16 05:58:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media fails to deassign
From: paul.esson AT redstor DOT com (Paul Esson)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:58:34 -0000
Folks,

I have a NBU v4.5 FP6 set-up on Windows 2000 SP4. At the moment I seem to be
suffering from a particular issue concerning available media. I have noticed
that when a job fails having written to a number of tapes the media remains
assigned to the particular pool that was associated with the backup policy and
an entry persists in the media db of the associated media server. I expected
the db cleanup routine that runs at the time of a catalog backup to recover
this media but it does not seem to be happening. I cannot see anything obvious
in the problems report. Can anyone shed some further light on the matter?

Paul Esson
Senior Support Engineer
Redstor Limited

Direct:         +44 (0) 1224 595381
Mobile:         +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:         paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or
otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.