Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tru64 V5.1B patch kit 3 breaks Netbackup?

2004-03-12 13:27:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tru64 V5.1B patch kit 3 breaks Netbackup?
From: bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com (Adametz, Bluejay)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:27:37 -0500
I just upgraded a cluster of two Tru64 DS25s from patch kit 2 to patch kit 3
of V5.1B.

A member in this cluster runs Netbackup Datacenter V3.4.1 to back up itself
to an SDLT library on a SAN. It was working fine before I installed patch
kit 3, but now when I attempt to back it up, a tape loads, and then the
backup fails with:

12:42:47 from client mynode: ERR - Only wrote 57344 of 262144 bytes to
STDOUT.
         Errno = 22: Invalid argument
12:42:47 media manager terminated during mount of media id BWL812, possible
         media mount timeout

I looked through the release notes, but I couldn't see anything relevant to
this, and the Netbackup logs are not helping any. Reinstalling Netbackup
changed nothing (not that I thought it would, but...)

Does anyone know of any change in patch kit 3 that would break Netbackup
this way?

                                                - Bluejay Adametz

Definition: Rignition n. The act of trying to start a car with the
engine already running.