Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database

2004-03-05 04:43:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database
From: aki.mantyla AT netinsight DOT net (Aki Mäntylä)
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:43:14 +0100
For some time now I've run into this problem where I get the following error
message:
"requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume
database"

I get the error if a tape has expired and try to run a "bpmedialist -ev
AB5539" (where AB5539 is the media ID). If I instead run "vmquery -m AB5539"
it works fine and I get a report.
I also get the error if I try to run "bpexpdate -ev ab5539 -d 0" (which
really isn't such a problem as the media is expired).

I know that it worked fine before so there seems to bee something that
doesn't work as it should.

I've used the NetBackup system for some time now, but are not familiar with
setting up such a system or trouble shooting these kind of problems...
Any hints about what might be wrong and how to fix it would be much appreciated.
The server runs on Solaris and we use version 3.4.

/Aki