Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] st.conf (Variation of.. LTO II)

2004-03-04 10:57:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] st.conf (Variation of.. LTO II)
From: william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com (william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 15:57:33 +0000
You will find it in the device configuration guide - there is a text
version in the /volmgr tree.   If you don't have it, look in the kit for a
newer version of NetBackup.   All the LTO2 types are I think there now.

William D L Brown

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 04/03/2004 15:29:24:

> Would someone also have any suggestions for the st.conf file using
> HP LTO II tape drives in a similar StorageTek library?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott J.

> This is the best tested line by StorageTek:
> "QUANTUM SDLT320",              "Quantum SDLT 320", "SDLT_320",
> SDLT_320                = 1,0x38,0,0x19639,4,0x90,0x91,0x92,0x93,3;
> Fernando

L80
> library and Quantum SDLT320 tape drives.
>          Also the tape drives all have the cbn flags (ex. /dev/rmt/0cbn)
Is
> this correct for hardware compression? I get zero compression when
software
> compress is off. And with Software comp. on I get only around 34%
> compression. This on a directory with only text files. Called Veritas
and
> they where no help at all.
> Any help would be great!!!
> Thanks in advance,
> Jeff

From  (veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu)" <veritas-bu AT
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu  Thu Mar  4 16:27:40 2004