Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DMZ backups and configuration

2004-03-04 06:52:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DMZ backups and configuration
From: Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:52:33 -0000
I believe these are the ports which need to be opened; you may not need them
all if you don't do database backups or use enhanced authorisation, i.e. it
would boil down to 13782 and 13724.
You also need to add each clients in to the "client attributes" section of
the master server properties (using jnbSA) and set each one to "no
connect-back".
I'd be interested if there is an easier way of doing this, e.g. a text file
to amend instead of using the GUI.

 From IP         To IP           To Port         tcp
 <media>         clients         13782 (bpcd)    tcp
 clients         <media>         13724 (vnetd)   tcp
 clients         <master>        13720 (bprd)    tcp     # to allow user
bkp/rst and db bkps
 clients         <master>        13724 (vnetd)   tcp     # to allow db bkps
 <master>        clients         13782 (bpcd)    tcp     # to allow db bkps
 <master>        clients         13783 (vopied)  tcp     # enh auth (opt?)
 <clients>       master          13782 (bpcd)    tcp     # to allow install

Phil