Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] st.conf

2004-03-03 12:03:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] st.conf
From: daniel AT mbi.co DOT il (Daniel Bass)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:03:37 +0200
Jeff

1) I am not sure  that tweaking st.conf parameters will improve the
compression ratio

2) If your Solaris box updated with sun recommended patches bundle,
updating of st.conf is not required. st. (SDLT tape support is included
in st driver binary.)
To be sure about it just run strings command on st binary:
root> strings /kernel/drv/st |grep -i sdlt
QUANTUM SDLT320
3) It will be good idea to ask STK/QUANTUM about the right firmware
version, update Solaris with last kernel and scsi patches and so on
4) Regarding the drive performance, after applying the recommendations
in 3) you need to tweak Netbackup buffers in order to get optimal
throughput.

HTH,
Daniel.