Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is this configuration possible?

2004-03-02 14:50:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is this configuration possible?
From: ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk (ida3248b AT post.cybercity DOT dk)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 20:50:27 +0100
Hello Jack

We have a setup something this:
1 Master/media server (actually a cluster)
2 Shared Media servers which has access to the same drives as the Master
3 Media servers for customer1 which shares 4 drives
2 Media servers for customer2 which shares the masters drives
1 Media server  for customer3 with it's own 2 drives

If you're sharing drives over a firewall you need to set SSO_SCANABLITY = 0
(I'm not sure I spelled this correct) in vm.conf on the involved media
servers.

When your master get access to all drives I will suggestion that you make it
scan by putting SSO_SCANABLITY = 9 in it's vm.conf

Regards
Michael

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:07:03 -0500, Jack L. Forester wrote