Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Linux - all filesystems are not being backed up

2004-03-02 13:45:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Linux - all filesystems are not being backed up
From: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com (King, Cheryl)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:45:39 -0700
I have some Linux clients that aren't backing up all file systems.

Five clients are working as expected with all filesystems backing up everytime.

One client backs up all file systems for the FULL but only / for the
Cummulative Incrementals.

One client backs up only / for the FULL and all file systems for the
Cummulative Incrementals  The df -k command shows /

one client backs up /dev/shm    /dev/pts    /proc/bus/usb only all the time.
There's no actual data in any of those.  The df -k command shows /      /boot
   home     /dev/shm    /usr

They are all the same version.
uname -a = Linux <client_name> 2.4.9-e.27smp #1 ...
Has anyone seen this behavior?

I remember seeing the command that gets run by NBU to determine what filesystem
get backed up.  Does anyone know what that command is?  I'd like to test it.
Thanks.

Cheryl King
System Administrator II

Intrado Inc.
1601 Dry Creek Drive
Longmont, CO 80503
direct: 720.864.5162
mobile: 720.840.4786
page:  303-207-4648
fax: 720.494.6600
email: cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com

Intrado.® Informed Response. ®
www.intrado.com

ATTENTION:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify Intrado Inc. immediately at 720.494.5800 and destroy
all copies of this message and any attachments.