Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Improved Veritas Support for "Novell Cluster Services" ???

2004-02-27 10:46:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Improved Veritas Support for "Novell Cluster Services" ???
From: cescheef AT tecoenergy DOT com (Ed Scheef)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:46:31 -0500
We are running Netbackup Datacenter 4.5 at FP5 level.

We've recently started creating Novell Clusters/Novell Cluster Servers,
and have set
some up to be backed up with Netbackup (per Veritas technote
instructions).

Still, when checking what was backed up from Novell Cluster Services,
we are missing
whole "cluster" directories in backups. Some directories are there(in
backups), but others
are missing.

It's all sort of seems like a "rigged up" backup plan right now, so my
question is this:

  Does Veritas have plans to provide full support for "Novell Cluster
Services", or
  does Veritas plan to improve its current support for "Novell Cluster
Services" ??

Thanks,
Ed