Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] More general Tape question ADIC STK

2004-02-23 12:55:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] More general Tape question ADIC STK
From: Josh.Goldfarb AT blackrock DOT com (Goldfarb, Josh)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:55:11 -0500
Sorry guys this really isn't part of NBU, but I figure I would give it a
Shot.  It is about Worm based technology.  I know storagetek has a Worm
Compliant Drive that is proprietary to their tape media.  And I also
know that ADIC, sells a sony AIT worm drive that they put in their
library.  Now here is the problem,  I love the new i2k BUT they forgot
one major component, which was to figure out how to put WORM drives in
there.  So here is the million dollar question, Is there going to be a
LTO BASED Drive with Worm technology built in and if so, when?

[rant]
I am actually pretty dissappointed that ADIC wasn't smart enough to
figure out how to get a WORM DRIVE in their newest box.  Man that
doesn't make much sense at all
[/rant]

Thanks so much

Josh