Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Full Solaris Systems Recovery in NBU Datacenter FP3

2004-02-22 08:22:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Full Solaris Systems Recovery in NBU Datacenter FP3
From: tmckinne AT verizon DOT net (Tyrone T. McKinney)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:22:48 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C3F91D.0E7DD040

We recently tried to do a full Solaris Systems Recovery using the =
procedures outlined by Veritas to no avail. It appears that some of the =
links were not setup properly. We have separate partitions for /, /usr, =
/var and /opt. The restore
of the various filesystems were successful but all the links were not =
restored.
We restored filesystems in the following sequence /, /usr, /var and =
/opt. Does the order need to be changed? Many of the sbin and /usr/bin =
links were broken.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C3F91D.0E7DD040

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We recently tried to do a full Solaris =
Systems=20
Recovery using the procedures outlined by Veritas to no avail. It =
appears that=20
some of the links were not setup properly. We have separate partitions =
for /,=20
/usr, /var and /opt. The restore<BR>of the various filesystems were =
successful=20
but all the links were not restored.<BR>We restored filesystems in the =
following=20
sequence /, /usr, /var and /opt. Does the order need to be changed? Many =
of the=20
sbin and /usr/bin links were broken.<BR>Any suggestions would be=20
appreciated.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C3F91D.0E7DD040--