Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Servers with 2 network interfaces

2004-02-18 15:59:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Servers with 2 network interfaces
From: larry.kingery AT veritas DOT com (Larry Kingery)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:59:30 -0500 (EST)
> I had been hoping to avoid assigning a name to the interface;
> It adds another wrinkle to the installation of client software
> on systems not sharing the subnet.  I'll see if it'll work with
> just having the name in the client's server configuration first
> and then add the name into the NB master and media servers only
> if it's absolutely necessary.

You probably need to configure a hostname and name resolution for the
second interface.  Consider the case of user-directed operations, such
as restores or any database extensions.  If the client ever needs to
contact the master, you may need to ensure that it tries to contact
the second interface of the master, not the original one (if it can't
get to the original one).

HTH,
Larry Kingery
              All wiyht. Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?