Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple data streams and wildcards

2004-02-18 11:15:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple data streams and wildcards
From: justin.lloyd AT mci DOT com (Justin C. Lloyd)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:15:18 -0500
A few weeks ago I created a policy whose file list looked like the
following:

/a/b/x/*.gz
/a/c/x/*.gz
/a/d/x/*.gz
/a/d/e/x/*.gz

The next morning I learned the meaning of Auto-discover Streaming Mode.
  I had set the Allow Multiple Data Streams attribute for the policy but
did not have any NEW_STREAM directives.  This resulted in 1170
single-file jobs.  Lesson learned.

Now, based on my reading of the NBU DC 4.5 Sys Admin's Guide (page 106),
adding NEW_STREAM directives (as shown below), even though there are
wild cards, should cause three streams should be generated.

NEW_STREAM
/a/b/x/*.gz
NEW_STREAM
/a/c/x/*.gz
NEW_STREAM
/a/d/x/*.gz
/a/d/e/x/*.gz

Can anyone confirm this before I go shooting myself in the foot again?

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Lloyd