Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Special characters in Windows file/directory names

2004-02-13 12:31:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Special characters in Windows file/directory names
From: consultant0610 AT hotmail DOT com (Patrick Whelan)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:31:25 +0000
All,

I'm sure I have seen this before, but I can not find it in the archives or
on Veritas' web site. DOes anyone know of a problem/fix for special
characters (i.e. $) in file or directory names when trying to do a restore.
It appears that the files did not get backed up. Am I barking up the wrong
tree. This is NBU 3.4 Solaris master, AIX media server, W2k client.

Thanks,

Patrick Whelan

"Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong." - Dennis Miller
"Friends help friends move, good friends help move bodies" - Unknown.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest" -
Mark Twain