Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: NB Servers with 2 network interfaces

2004-02-10 09:56:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: NB Servers with 2 network interfaces
From: Eric.Shafto AT drkw DOT com (Shafto, Eric)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:56:35 -0500
We had no end of trouble when we were using required interface. We finally
just made it so that we always used the name of the backup interface in the
class and in the bp.confs (both for servers and clients). We have a few
clients that back up over the production network. We enter them in the class
with the production interface name and we use the production interface of
the server in the local bp.conf.

We haven't had any problems backing up or restoring since we did this.