Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Best method for moving netbackup server

2004-02-09 09:44:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Best method for moving netbackup server
From: mark AT steelfamily DOT org (Mark Steel)
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:44:08 +0000 (GMT)
err, if its not in the manual, I shouldn't say in case it causes any
problems.

basically each day bpdbm will run this in the backgroun. to run it
yourself, stop bprd to no jobs run, and then run bpdbm -consistency 2 >
logfile.

watch the log file for things like missing files or 'error at line xx'. if
you see any errors you will have to look at the actual files.

if your system behaves itself normally and you haven't had any filesystem
fulls on the netbackup db disk, then you shouldn't have any database
problems.

regards
mark