Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0 administration

2004-02-06 13:45:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0 administration
From: bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com (bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:45:01 -0700
  We are starting to look at NBU 5.0. It looks as if the administration has the
same issues as did 4.5. From what I can tell the 5.0 Windows administration
GUI, even though it is Java based, still requires your workstation to be listed
as a SERVER in bp.conf.  Is that correct?
  If so, it looks like us laptop users are once again relegated to using the
server's jnbSA over ReflectionsX or some such. Why, oh why?

  Thanks,
    Bryan

Bryan Bahnmiller
Agilent Technologies