Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] merge databases

2004-02-05 14:10:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] merge databases
From: mark AT steelfamily DOT org (mark)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 19:10:15 -0000
I've got a set of NBU tapes which were imported to a standalone machine. I
want to merge the small database(s) with the main production database. I
know I've got to do the images ( move files and bpimage oldserver
newserver), I can merge the mediadb by appending the mediadb from the
standalone with the main server. With the voldb...I think I've got to assign
the tapes post actually loading them into the library by changing the
entries with vmquery -assignbyid, putting in the right pool and ctime etc
( i'm guessing I can't merge the voldbs )...

Is there anything else ? Any hints or tips or easier ways ? I don't want to
re-import because that will waste a considerable amount of time.

(this is on 4.5fp6 by the way)

thanks
mark