Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Hanging install'er when upgrading

2004-02-05 10:10:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Hanging install'er when upgrading
From: GreenbergKA AT aetna DOT com (Greenberg, Katherine A)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:10:37 -0500
Has anyone seen the installer hang on Solaris Media server when doing an
upgrade to either FP3 or 5.0? It hangs while doing the device check:

The NetBackup Installer is now upgrading your device configuration
database
in order to maintain compatibility with device discovery...

It gets to this and just sits.

This happened on a particular box when I upgraded to 4.5 FP3 and is now
happening again while I'm in the middle of an upgrade to 5.0. Last time,
I had to kill -9 the installer processes, but the device reconfigure
just hung out there and could not be terminated until the box was
rebooted.

The backups work and it's got no tape issues, just trying to see if this
is happening to anyone else.

Thanks in advance!
Kate

Katherine Greenberg
Systems Engineer
Mid-Range Storage Management
Aetna, Inc.
greenbergka AT aetna DOT com
Work: 860.636.6724
Pager: 860.366.0672

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you
think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender by
reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.  Aetna