Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduling?

2004-02-02 10:25:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduling?
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:25:35 -0700
What version of NBU are you running?

If you are pre-4.5, then cron is your friend in this instance.  I would
create the schedule with no open window and just use cron to kick off an
immediate backup (bpbackup -i -c $CLASS, in 4.5 it's bpbackup -i -p
$POLICY)

If you MUST run it on a particular day, then cron, if you are looking to
run it every 28 days, then frequency scheduling is best.  Frequency
scheduling is based on the hierarchy of the schedules and schedule type.

If you want a lengthy explanation of how frequency scheduling works, let
me know, I think I have written a paper on it in the past.

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor, Technical Marketing * ADIC *
720.249.5836 * david.chapa AT adic DOT com

Pathlight VX - Integrated Disk-to-Tape Backup - http://www.adic.com