Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle alternate client restore: using master as restore server

2004-01-28 11:12:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle alternate client restore: using master as restore server
From: RLMarkham AT hafeleamericas DOT com (Markham, Richard)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:12:16 -0500
I successfully restored a HOT RMAN backup to an alternate host.
During this process it used the original media server (that performed
the backup) to do the restore. I would like to use the master server
as the restore host instead so that my Production environment is left
totally out of the loop.  In the past I've used the bp.conf entry
"FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER" on normal file restores, but the damn
thing restored the files to the Master server as opposed to the
specified client destination (maybe this is a java gui bug).  I was
curious if anyone knew of any other options I have.

Thanks.

Solaris 8
Netbackup 3.4.2
Oracle 8.1.7.4