Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] ACSLS + Scratch Pools and Multiple Masters

2004-01-28 01:19:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] ACSLS + Scratch Pools and Multiple Masters
From: jason.jones AT stratech DOT com (Jones, Jason)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:19:36 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E566.B4018810

I have a question regarding how to best manage scratch pools in NetBackup
when operating in an ACS environment.  The situation I am struggling with
involves a scenario where there are multiple Master Servers attached to a
single 9310 (powderhorn) whose control path is managed by ACSLS.  Is it
possible to have a unified scratch pool managed by ACSLS, but still provide
Volume Security to the different Master Servers?  Is there a good place to
go read up on how ACS Scratch Pools and NBU Scratch pools interoperate?
Thanks!
-jason

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E566.B4018810

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=641241006-28012004><FONT face=Arial size=2>I&nbsp;have a
question regarding how to best manage scratch pools in NetBackup when operating
in an ACS environment.&nbsp; </FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=641241006-28012004><FONT
face=Arial size=2>The situation I am struggling with involves a scenario where
there are multiple Master Servers attached to a single 9310 (powderhorn) whose
control path is managed by ACSLS.&nbsp; Is it possible to have a unified
scratch
pool managed by ACSLS, but still provide&nbsp;Volume Security to the different
Master Servers?&nbsp; Is there a good place to go read up on how ACS Scratch
Pools and NBU Scratch pools interoperate?&nbsp;
Thanks!<BR>-jason</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3E566.B4018810--