Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Email Failed Backups Only

2004-01-27 12:42:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Email Failed Backups Only
From: CONNELLS AT bronsonhg DOT org (Stephen Connellee)
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:42:52 -0500
Paul,
We are using HP-UX and have begun to send e-mail messages on failures,
but to do so you need to modify the backup_exit_notify script.  I have
it currently setup (using a simple IF statement) so that any error code
> 1 will trigger the e-mailing script, otherwise it will just continue
on its merry way. This script gives you the client, the error code, as
well as some other misc info. I'm sure that it would work with Windows
as well, as long as you know MS-DOS scripting.

Stephen Connellee
Storage Engineer
Information Technology
Bronson Healthcare Group
(269) 341-8637 Phone
(269) 413-0629 Pager
(269) 341-7726 Fax

is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential
and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the
original
message.

connells AT bronsonhg DOT org