Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5sp6 - Vaulting - W2k - Master Server MSCS Cluster

2004-01-23 11:00:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5sp6 - Vaulting - W2k - Master Server MSCS Cluster
From: kris.williams AT hp DOT com (WILLIAMS, KRISTOPHER L)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:00:34 -0600
Yes, I ran into this same problem.

The workaround to resolve this issue is to just move the vault folder to
the shared database area on the shared cluster drive. When you setup
your cluster, you ran nbcluster.exe that moved most of the databases to
your shared cluster drive and update the registry to point to the moved
databases. Veritas failed to have nbcluster.exe move the vault part of
the database but they remembered to make the change in the registry
telling vault to look to the shared location. Very dumb in my opinion.

Copy %installpath%\netbackup\db\vault from one of the cluster hosts to
the shared cluster drive. That is where the software is looking for
vault.xml.

Any questions just ask!

Thanks,

Kris