Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Report to Determine Tape Utilization

2004-01-21 16:57:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Report to Determine Tape Utilization
From: WTSmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:57:45 -0500
Alford, Kevin (Ntelicor) wrote:

>What report can I run to determine the tape utilization on my L700?
>I am using Veritas NetBackup 4.5

Depends on your definition of "tape utilization on my L700"! ;-)

The Admin console will list tape volumes by volume group. Sort by the
"time assigned" column to separate inuse from empty volumes.

If you want a summary by volume pool, the media summary" report in the
Admin console will do it.

If you want a command line to produce something you can massage, Veritas
doc 236150 lists the commands that produce various (3.2) Admin console
reports ... sorry I've misplaced the 4.5 version.

There's also the fine manuals ... for 4.5FP, see 255270.

cheers, wayne