Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to eject a tape in command line from STK L180 solaris 8

2004-01-21 12:13:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to eject a tape in command line from STK L180 solaris 8
From: pcoulon AT oxya DOT com (Philippe Coulon)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:13:22 +0100
Hello

I am trying to eject by command line a tape (identified by media ID)
from a storagetek model l180(also labelled storedge L180 by Sun) linked
to a Sun solaris 8 backup server running veritas netbackup 4.5.

I tried various use of the  vmchange command:
vmchange -res -m 000041 -rt none -rn 0 -rh `uname -n` -v --- -rc1 0 -rc2
0 -mt hcart ....
-verbose - w -rt changing  without any other result that the tape is
"logicaly ejected" (means disappears from the content list) put
physically unmoved from the slot where it was.
then have the robot read its content, and try another command.

What command would work ?
regards
Philippe Coulon