Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cron and bjdbjobs

2004-01-17 03:07:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cron and bjdbjobs
From: siraim AT siraim DOT com (Sam Grover)
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 02:07:26 -0600
--Apple-Mail-1--617117984

... damned complete paths in the spawned shell. :)

On Jan 17, 2004, at 12:35 AM, Sam Grover wrote:

> I know this script is ugly.. but it's late.. and I'm getting=20
> frustrated. If I run this manually from a cmd line on my HP/UX 11.00=20=

> box, the script runs fine, and the email I receive contains the right=20=

> data. If I run it through cron, the script doesn't every seem to=20
> finish the bpdbjobs line.=A0 Where have I gone wrong? Is Cron this =
much=20
> of a pain in the butt that a command that works from cmd_line would=20
> have so many problems from within Cron?
> =A0
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.. this seems like it should be=20=

> simple..
> =A0
> Thanks,
> =A0
> Sam Grover
> =A0

--Apple-Mail-1--617117984

... damned complete paths in the spawned shell. :)

On Jan 17, 2004, at 12:35 AM, Sam Grover wrote:

<excerpt><smaller>I know this script is ugly.. but it's late.. and I'm
getting frustrated. If I run this manually from a cmd line on my HP/UX
11.00 box, the script runs fine, and the email I receive contains the
right data. If I run it through cron, the script doesn't every seem to
finish the bpdbjobs line.=A0 Where have I gone wrong? Is Cron this much
of a pain in the butt that a command that works from cmd_line would
have so many problems from within Cron?</smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>=A0</x-tad-smaller>

<smaller>Any help would be greatly appreciated.. this seems like it
should be simple..</smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>=A0</x-tad-smaller>

<smaller>Thanks,</smaller>

<x-tad-smaller>=A0</x-tad-smaller>