Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU4.5 FP_6 issues

2004-01-19 02:22:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU4.5 FP_6 issues
From: David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com (Cornely, David)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:22:28 -0800
Marianne,

I'm sorry but I have to agree with you regarding the FP6 problems.  The
solution we came to was a downgrade to FP5.  After downgrading all of our
problems disappeared immediately.
The downgrade process works the same as an upgrade process (at least on
Solaris).  When doing a pkgrm simply answer "Yes" to the question "is this
part of an upgrade?"

We did have a case open with Veritas support on the FP6 problems but with
production timelines we ran out of time and simply couldn't wait any longer.
We had to go with something we knew worked and FP5 was it.  I hope you find
a solution to your Flashbackup problem.

-Dave