Veritas-bu

FW: [Veritas-bu] How to configure a "MS-Exchange-Server" type class in NBU 3.4GA

2004-01-15 11:00:07
Subject: FW: [Veritas-bu] How to configure a "MS-Exchange-Server" type class in NBU 3.4GA
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:00:07 -0600
--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

* Imran Awan <imran.awan AT ufonegsm DOT net> [2004-01-15 11:22]:
> Sorry I missed one thing, We have Netbackup 3.4GA on Unix (Solaris 8.0)
> based Master/Media Server.
> =20
> Is MS Exchange server backup really supported thru Unix based Netbackup
> server (or does it require the Master/Media server to be running on
> Windows 2000/NT based system too)?

Yes, it is supported and it works well. A Windows server is _not_
required. We have had a couple major system rebuild/restore
"opportunities" recently that have tested this out. ;-)

NetBackup doesn't care about what system it's on, it is only talking to
the MS Exchange server through the extension. Once it gets to the media
server, it's just writing data to tape.

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com