Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tapemark or blank tape encountered

2004-01-14 12:49:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tapemark or blank tape encountered
From: ddunham AT taos DOT com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:49:29 -0800 (PST)
> May I piggy-back on to this question to ask a related question:
>
> We may also be having drive problems. In order to provide good
> evidence for the vendor, is it possible to force Netbackup to choose a
> particular drive for a particular tape (for a particular test or
> retry)?

Sure, people without jukebox robotics do that all the time!  :-)

> I guess if just running bpverify, one can "DOWN" all drives except the
> one you want, but if running bpduplicate (which is what is actually
> failing in our case, on the read tape), you need 2 drives, so I'd like
> to be able to force the read tape onto a specific drive to try to
> prove if it was the drive failing the previous time), and that's a bit
> trickier.

I believe you could set all the drives to "OPR".  Then when a tape is
needed, it will create a request.  After the request comes in, you can
manually insert the tape into the drive you want (either by hand or with
robtest).

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company