Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog database on the media and master server

2004-01-09 13:59:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog database on the media and master server
From: scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com (scott.kendall AT abbott DOT com)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:59:09 -0600
--=_alternative 006879C186256E16_=

for bpmedialist, -M and -h options are available.  since you didn't use
them, -M defaults to the master server of the host where it is being ran
and -h defaults to all media servers configured with a media manager
storage unit on that master, so you would expect to see the same thing
from the master and the media server.

when you use bpmedia to unfreeze tapes, there is no -M option.  since you
didn't use -h it defaults to the host where it is being ran, so you
wouldn't expect it to work from both servers.

- Scott

"Cecil Hypolite" <chypolite AT comcast DOT net>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
01/08/2004 07:09 PM
Please respond to "Cecil Hypolite"