Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2800 - RE: Recover 4.5GA RMAN backups to 4.5FP3[MP5]

2004-01-06 11:05:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #2800 - RE: Recover 4.5GA RMAN backups to 4.5FP3[MP5]
From: mhickey AT glasshouse DOT com (Mark Hickey)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:05:21 -0500
Kevin,
   I have seen this happen when trying to do a test recovery of an
existing tablespace/datafile that had not been taken offline (e.g.: SQL>
alter datafile <datafile name or number> offline;).  You should be able
to gather more detailed debugging information from the log of the
recovery script.

Mark Hickey
Senior Technology Consultant
Glasshouse Technologies, Inc.