Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Feature Pack Client Question....

2004-01-06 00:44:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Feature Pack Client Question....
From: mclausen AT csit.fsu DOT edu (Matt Clausen)
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 00:44:59 -0500
This is a simple question really, but one I cant find an answer to
anywhere. I'm being bit by a few Status 174 errors with every backup
coming off two machines. No matter what, these machines always give me
this error. The machines are running Debian 3.0r6 but the errors I'm
seeing are very similar to the ones you see when trying to backup a
Redhat 9.0 client.

So what my question is, is can I use a FP6 client (which has the RH9
support) to communicate with a MP6 master/media server? Or does the
whole thing have to be up at FP6 in order for a FP6 client to talk to
the server?