Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup host.xlate file?

2003-12-30 10:05:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup host.xlate file?
From: Crowsonv AT mont.disa DOT mil (Crowsonv AT mont.disa DOT mil)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:05:41 -0600
We use Veritas Netbackup DataCenter 4.5G at our Data Center.  I have a few
systems we support that can't be registered in our local DNS.  We are having
trouble connecting to these systems and running backups.  We have put them
in local files on the master server and can ping, nslookup(forward/reverse)
using files....but still can't connect via netbackup.  Has anyone used the
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames/host.xlate file for hostname resolution
issues like this?