Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Win MP6 upgrade with service password

2003-12-29 12:02:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Win MP6 upgrade with service password
From: Jesse.Gardner AT storaenso DOT com (Gardner, Jesse)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 11:02:05 -0600
I don't know if this is reproducible or not, but I'm throwing it out there
in case anyone else runs across it.

I upgraded my Win 2000 SP4 NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 MP5 server to MP6 today,
and when prompted, entered an account and password instead of LocalSystem
for the services.  I'm quite positive I entered the correct password, but
when the computer restarted, the services failed with logon errors.  The
upgrade actually rolled back, but the service passwords were still
incorrect.

There are dollar-signs in the password, I'm just wondering if possibly it
didn't record that password correctly.

I re-ran the upgrade and let it use the LocalSystem account, and changed the
services afterwards, and that ran smoothly.

Incidentally, why do we have to install what appears to be a full version
upgrade for a maintenance pack?

Jesse